Chain Type: Link chain
Chain Length: 16 inch + 5 inch extension chain
The Meaning of the Lotus Flower:
- The lotus flower has been celebrated in some parts of Asia as a symbol for the awakening of spiritual life. The religions Hinduism and Buddhism both put a high importance in this.
- The Lotus flower essentially represents the clarity of heart as well as the mind. It also represents strength, good luck, long life as well as honor and respect.
- A lotus flower is a symbol of purity which rises unsullied through muddy water. It is also one of the Eight Buddhist symbols of good fortune.
- The lotus flower represents one symbol of fortune in Buddhism. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
- Finally, the lotus flower represents rebirth, both in a figurative and a literal sense. The rebirth can be a change of ideas, an acceptance of Buddha where there once was none, the dawn after one’s darkest day, a renaissance of beliefs or the ability to see past wrongs. In a literal sense, the meaning of the lotus flower in Buddhism represents rebirth as a reincarnation, such as in the Buddhist religion, when a soul leaves this world in its present form to be reborn in another.